Policies & General Information
Open May 1 to November 1
Spring and Fall Camp Store Hours
- Sunday – Thursday 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Friday & Saturday 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Summer Camp Store Hours
- Sunday – Thursday 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Friday & Saturday 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Our store has a variety of items for your convenience including firewood, ice, marshmallows. beer, and wine.
Pool and Hot Tub Hours
- Monday – Sunday 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM (in season)
Quiet Hours: 10:00 PM TO 8:00 AM
Security: If needed, Security can be reached at (207) 229- 3716 between the hours of 10:00 PM and 2:00 AM until Labor Day.
- RV & Tent Site Check-In Time: 1:00 PM
- RV & Tent Site Check-Out Time: 11:00 AM
- Cabin Check-In Time: 3:00 PM
- Cabin Check-Out Time: 10:00 AM
Reservations: Old Orchard Beach Campground is a family establishment. All guests making reservations and or registering must be 21 years of age or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Any guest or guests making reservations or arriving at check-in who do not meet the requirements will have their reservation canceled without a refund. All guests in a party will be asked to present a valid form of identification.
A deposit of one night’s fee will be charged to the credit card supplied at the time of booking, the balance is due at check-in. Booking fees are non-refundable. Sites and Rates are based on one sleeping unit, one vehicle, and a family of two adults and two children; additional person and additional vehicle charges may apply. Specific site requests will be honored when opting to use the lock site feature. There is a $15 fee to lock your site.
Registration: All guests or visitors must check-in at the desk to register and receive a valid parking tag and gate pass.
Visitors: A guest is welcome to have visitors during their stay. We ask that visitors leave their pets at home and register in the office before entering the campground. No more than 8 people can be registered to a site, including visitors. Visitors fees apply. Day guest ages 4-17 $8.00; Adults $10.00. Overnight guest fee is $12.00 per person plus tax. There is no fee for infants (under the age of 4). Parking is $5.00 per day. If a visitor is going to be less than 2 hours, they can get refunded the visitor fee at the office if paid by cash. The parking fee is non-refundable.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations of RV & Tent sites are accepted 14 days before arrival less a $25.00 service fee. Cancellation within 14 days of arrival forfeits one night’s deposit.
Cancellation for Cabin rentals:
- 90 days or more before arrival deposit will be refunded minus $25.00 service fee
- 60-89 days before arrival 50% of the deposit will be refunded
- 30-59 days before arrival 25% of the deposit will be refunded
- Less than 30 days’ notice of cancellation forfeits 100% of the deposit
Refunds will not be issued for early departure, eviction or any other reason. Should you be concerned about the cancellation, we recommend you purchase travel insurance through a third party.
Guests who do not arrive on the arrival date for their reservation will forfeit their deposit and their site.
Tent Sites: There is a maximum of 2 tents and 2 vehicles per site. RV sites can’t be used as a tent site unless there is an RV on it too. No more than 8 people can be registered to a site, including visitors.
RV Sites with Tents: Tents may not be set up on the grass of an RV site. A tent may only be set up on the RV site if it fits on the pad with the RV. Anyone who sets up a tent on the grass will be asked to remove it. You must have an RV to reserve an RV site.
Site Numbers: Specific sites may be requested. Site requests not guaranteed unless you lock the site. The site lock fee is $15.
Departure: When departing, please give your parking and gate passes to the gate attendant or you can drop them off at the camp store or in the dropbox.
Complimentary Wi-Fi: Please note Wi-Fi is provided for basic use of the Internet such as email and simple surfing. During peak times, sites such as YouTube or movie streaming sites may be slow.
Holiday Weekends: A two-night minimum stay is required for both Memorial Day weekend and Columbus Day weekends; a four-night minimum for Fourth of July weekend; and a three-night minimum for Labor Day weekend.
Laundry: A convenient, coin-operated facility is located across from the camp store. The machines take quarters. Washing machines cost $2.50. Dryers cost $2.00. Laundry hours are posted in the laundry room.
Alcohol: Anyone purchasing alcohol will be asked to present a valid ID regardless of age. A valid ID is required every time that you purchase alcohol. Consumption of alcohol resulting in disorderly conduct or public nuisance will be grounds for immediate eviction without a refund.
Noise: Please keep noise levels low, in particular, the volume of radios and TVs. Quiet hours are 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM.
Motorcycles: motorcycles are welcome but need to follow our quiet hours from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am. We ask that you refrain from throttling your motorcycle at any time of day.
Wheel devices: No mini-bikes, motorized scooters, skateboards, hoverboards, or roller blades allowed. Loud motorcycle owners must walk their bikes into the campground between the hours of 10:00 PM and 8:00 AM
Golf Carts: Only seasonal guests are permitted to have a golf cart.
Trash: Please place trash in containers. Do not put trash in the campfire rings. There are dumpsters and recycling bins located at the front of the campground and in Bear Brook.
Trees: Please do not cut or damage the trees in the campground.
Grey Water: Please dispose of grey water properly. Use the sewer hookup on your site or the dumping station near the office. If you are camping in a pop-up, please dispose of your grey water at the dumping station. Maine State Regulations require proper disposal of grey water.
Speed Limit: Speed limit in the campground is 5 MPH.
Walking: When walking around the campground after dark, please use a flashlight. Please do not walk around the campground barefoot. Please use roadways or walkways. Do not cross campsites.
Prohibited Items: The campground prohibits the use of Fireworks, Marshmallow Guns, P-Shooters, Sling Shots, BB Guns, Weapons, and Bow & Arrows.
Child Safety: Children are to be supervised. Parents are responsible for the actions of their children. No bike riding after dusk. Please supervise children while using playground equipment. There is no admittance to the playground from 9:00 PM – 8:00 AM. Children must return to their campsites by 10:00 PM
Swimming Pool Information: NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY! Use of the pool is at your own risk. An adult must accompany any child under the age of 14. No rafts or flotation devices, other than those used by small children, are allowed. No diapers allowed; disposable swim pants required. Swim pants are available in the store. Glass bottles, metal cans, and food are not permitted in the pool area. Please see additional pool rules listed on the gate at the pool entrance. PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE POOL AREA.
Hot Tub Information: For the health and safety of young children, no one under the age of 12 is allowed in the hot tub.
Pet Safety: Pets must be kept on a leash and are not to be left unattended. Please clean up after your pets. There are pet stations with disposable bags throughout the campground. We also provide limited dog items in the camp store.
Pet Policy: Pets are welcome at Old Orchard Beach Campground. We will provide you with a pet policy at check-in. Vaccinations must be current, and a copy of the vaccination record(s) supplied to the front desk at check-in or can be emailed to email@example.com.
We are a pet friendly resort; however, we do have some rules that need to be followed.
- Pets are not to be left unattended at any time.
- Pets must always be kept on a leash and remain under control.
- Pets cannot be tied up outside.
- You must have a copy of vaccinations records in your residence.
- No more than two (2) pets per site.
- Pets are not allowed in common areas.
- Howling and barking will not be tolerated.
If the above rules are not followed or there is a valid complaint concerning your pet, management reserves the right to have the pet removed from the resort. Management also reserves the right to restrict disruptive pets, exotic pets and dogs considered to be of an aggressive breed.
Late Check-Outs: If you would like to stay later than 11:00 AM, please come to the office before 11:00 AM to check availability or reregister. There is a $25 late fee charge. You can stay until 5:00 PM.
Parking After Check-out: Based on availability, we do allow parking in our overflow parking at the entrance of the campground after you have checked out. There is a $10 fee for a car or a . $25 fee for an RV. You can park there until 5:00 PM. This is a great option if you want to take the trolley and spend the day at the beach without finding parking for your RV.
Campfires: Fires must be kept under control and be tended to by an adult. Please use caution to keep your children and possessions at a safe distance from campfires and fire rings. It is prohibited to use any flammable liquid to start your fire. Fire starters are available for purchase in the camp store. No wood is to be added to the fire after 11:00 PM. Wood will not be sold after 10:00 PM. Please do not put trash in the campfire. Campfires must remain in the fire pots only. Fires must never be left unattended
Firewood: Out of state firewood is banned in the state of Maine. Please do not bring wood with you from another state. We do have firewood for sale in our camp store. Firewood delivery from an outside entity is prohibited. Refunds will not be issued for unused firewood.
Evictions: Campers or visitors found in violation of campground policies may be evicted without warning or refund. Any situations requiring evictions will allow a one-hour period to gather your things and exit the premises, after which time a police escort will result. You are responsible for your conduct, and the safety and well-being of your family and any guests visiting you.
Playgrounds: Please supervise your children while using playground equipment. There is no admittance to the playground from 9:00 PM to 8:00 AM.
Minimum Nights for a Cabin Rental:
- Can be rented for 3 nights if arrival is Saturday through Wednesday.
- Can be rented for 4 nights if arrival is Thursday or Friday.
- Can rent for less days if it is between 2 arrivals and Campspot lets you.
Pet Friendly Cabin Sites:
- Pet friendly cabins are 402 and 404. All other cabins are not pet friendly.
- There is a non-refundable Pet Fee per pet of $50 (for sites 402 and 404 only).
Refundable Security Deposit:
- There is a $200 cabin security deposit that gets charged to guest’s credit card at check-in. We do not accept cash for the security deposit. The deposit will be returned after check-out providing there are no damages or missing items. Please note it may take up to 10 days for the security deposit to be returned to your account if you use a debit card.
Guest needs to bring:
- Sheets, blankets, pillows, towels.
- Dish soap, new sponge, hand soap, toilet paper, tissues, paper towels, trash bags
Small cabins (401-405):
- can accommodate up to 4 adults max and 2 children or more children and less adults (6 people max).
- bedroom has queen bed
- living area has twin bunkbeds and a full-size futon
- loft has a queen and twin mattress on the floor
- bathroom has a large shower (no tub)
- kitchenette has a stove top with 2 burners (no oven), full-size fridge, coffee maker for k-cups or coffee grounds, toaster, microwave, dishware, utensils, pots, pans, silverware
- 2 TVs-living area and bedroom
Large cabins (406-409):
- can accommodate up to 4 adults max and 4 children. (8 people max)
- large bedroom has queen bed
- living area has a full-size futon
- twin bunk beds off the living room
- loft has a queen and twin mattress
- bathroom has a tub/shower combo
- kitchen has a full-size stove and oven, full-size fridge, coffee maker for k-cups or coffee grounds, toaster, microwave, dishware, utensils, pots, pans, silverware
- 2 TVs-living area and bedroom
- Each cabin has a screened in porch with 2 Adirondack chairs and table.
- Each cabin has a picnic table, fire pit, and charcoal grill.
- Each cabin has air conditioner and heat.